Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Bella: True Love Goes Beyond Romance

Finally a movie has arisen to combat the foul trends of Hollywood: Bella. Though I tend to prefer what my parents describe as "shallow action films" such as Pirates of the Caribbean and Mask of Zorro, I was impressed with how beautiful and well-done Bella was. It is worth seeing both on its own merits and because it will send out a message that there are people who care about seeing good, moral movies. Furthermore, the story behind the movie is quite impressive as well:

The Testimony of Eduardo Verastegui

In 2006 Bella won the People's Choice Award at the Toronto Film Festival, and then October 26th of this year it came out in a few select theaters . My understanding is that it broke at least one record its opening weekend. I actually saw it that Sunday with my grandmother.

I highly recommend it. The only good excuse you could have for not going to see it would be if there were no theater showing it in your state, and as they are adding new theaters, I doubt that could be an adequate excuse for long. I just hope that Metanoia Films will keep up the good work and produce more films like this one.

1 comment:

Nickel Halfwise said...

"true love is the greatest thing, in the world-except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomato is ripe"

Though I don't think the mutton part would be all that great and I don't like tomatoes. I guess that leaves the lettuce. Therefore true love is the greatest thing in the world, except lettuce.

Somehow that doesn't have the same ring to it.